I have started and created this blog primarily to chronicle our journey to financial independence and to share this experience with my kids, family, friends, and co-workers. Little that I know, that this has inspired me to continue my crusade seeking new knowledge and sharing our journey to financial freedom – with the support of other PF bloggers community who have the same goals of paying it forward.
Equally, I am also happy to recommend products and services that we personally and regularly use as a testament that we have hands on experience with these products.
Checking and Savings Accounts
- EQ Bank Savings Plus Account: It is a hybrid account that functions as a checking and savings account. It consistently offered some of the highest rates. Currently, it pays 1.25% interest which calculated daily on the total closing balance and paid monthly. Other key features: No minimum balance or monthly fees, free bill payments, and free Interac e-transfers.
- Tangerine Bank: Formerly called ING Direct is one of the best online banks. You’ll get the same features such as: No minimum balance or monthly fees, free bill payments, and free Interac e -transfers. Open a Tangerine account with my Orange Key 33895231S1 and get a $50 bonus.
- Borrowell: Sign up and you get your Equifax credit score and credit report for free.
- Rakuten.Ca: One little trick we do to maximize our return from our cashback credit cards is going through Rakuten first instead of directly to the company’s website. In return, you’ll basically earn extra cash. Join now and you get a $30 bonus.
- Great Canadian Rebates (GCR): I am a huge fan of GCR especially booking flights, hotels, and applying for credit cards. That’s right! You’ll earn cash right off the bat applying for a credit card once approved. Please note GCR may asks for a referral email which is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wealthsimple Trade: If you are looking to start investing and would like to avoid paying any commission fees then WS Trade is a great option. It is simple and I love those big texts on my smartphone. It is now available on mobile apps, and desktop computers.
If you sign up using the link above and add money to a non-registered personal account, you will earn a cash equivalent of two random stocks and I will earn a cash equivalent of one stock. For more details check out this link .
Square One Insurance: We made a massive savings by switching our home insurance to Square One up to 30%. If you are looking to renew your home insurance or for a new property, why not check them out, get a quote and see if you can also get huge discount on your home insurance. (Receive a $20 bonus by using my link!)
DISCLOSURE: This site may contain affiliate links and we may receive a bonus if you take an action after clicking one of those links at NO additional cost to you. Similarly, by using our referral link this will help me maintain this site and encourage me to create more money saving and investment tips. Thank you so much for all your support.